Saturday, February 5, 2011

Growing....

As I've gotten older, I've realized a few things.
I've grown as my children have grown.
I've grown in how I parent.
I've grown in how I love.
I've changed what I like.
I've changed who I am.
but I still am the same in some ways.
I can say I have loved and "lost",
but found greater love since.
I've let people come and go as they please.



When I was a child I swore on my life to never, ever, drink coffee...
Now I can barely go a day without it.

When I was a child I let others put me down
Now I hope my children never let it happen to them.

When I was a Teenager, I thought my parents didnt know what was best for me.
Now I know, they knew better and I probably should of listen to them more.

When I was a Teenager, I thought I knew love,
Now I know, you can always grow more in love, and there are many different types of love. I also know its never easy to lose someone you love...
When I was a Teenager, I have given up and been let down more times then I can count.
Now I know that through the guidance of God, I will find strength.

So many things have changed in my life but I wouldnt change my life for a million dollars. I didnt expect to have everything I ever wanted. I feel truly blessed to have it. I can say the road I have Traveled  has not always been easy, but I wouldn't change a thing. Everything happens for reason. and each problem/ experance brought its own lesson.
I'm excited to grow more and learn more in this life. I can not wait to see what else it brings me. The Joys, the sorrows. whatever it brings I'm ready for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post! I hear ya on the coffee...it makes Judah super cranky, so I can't drink it! :(

I have always loved the fact that we continually grow and change through life. It keeps things interesting.